Saturday 30 November 2013

A stormy fortnight and wet shoes

19th November
Hey!
This past week has been grand, it has stormed all week so it's been keeping the heat down a bit but today was a beautiful clear day so when the sun got up it was so hot. It's transfer P-Day today (why I'm emailing today) but all of us in the Collingwood Park flat are staying together, I'm glad as we are pretty tight and my companion and I are working really well together. We are seeing miracles, finding new people, seeing old potentials and getting people closer to Baptism and activity in the fullness of the Restored Gospel. One particular family are a seventh day adventist family who are wonderful people, one of the boys used to go to our church as the dad and his family are all mormon, so his uncle used to take him. He loves the church and reckon he will be the key to the family. They are so good. I Think the Lord has prepared this ward for a lot of real growth. We also received training on the Book of Mormon. It is such a special book and we've been issued an invitation to read it in 2 transfers (about 6.2 pages a day) sadly I only have the one transfer left so I'll continue to do it when I get home. I am so grateful for the book of Mormon, it is LOADED with spiritual and temporal instruction.
 
Sadly my time grows short on the computer and I would like to email others but I love you all and pray for you often.
 
Fa soi fua. Elder Kay x 

27th November
Hello all,
Today was another temple trip. I was blessed to do sealings.  It is such a blessing to be in a mission with a temple and it strengthens my testimony of the truthfulness of this work every time I go.
 
The last week was great we taught quite a lot of lessons and are finding many potentials, this area is really taking off and it can rise higher is we step it up, there is still so much I need to learn and it seems so little time to do it, sometimes I have to remember that there will be revelation and experiences after my mission but it just seems that it will be different. The Samoan guy we are teaching is awesome, he came to church on Sunday for the first time in a while and seemed to enjoy it, we would like to get his Father in law to be more involved in the fellowship as it will help him become more active, they are such a great family, we are teaching quite a few people and I am trying hard to refine my techniques so that we can follow up and get return appointments more solid with fellowship. It's a bit of a shame that most of the members work pretty crazy shift jobs or have families to care for as it means they can't help us with teaching very often. We don;t have many prospective Elders or Missionaries that can help us either but we are slowly getting there, they are seeing that we are working hard and so are gaining that desire to help. This week we were hit by the biggest storm we've had yet, the lightning was incredible. It was just like on those movies that look like it's done in a studio as the lightning is just random flashes, but it really does look like that because of the huge amount of rain. we were at am appointment at the time but my shoes were left out side when the storm hit, they were under the porch but it was just so heavy it all just bounced into my shoes -.- AAARRRGH! aah well, we got a lift home.
 
I hope you are all doing well 
 
LDK
 


No comments:

Post a Comment