Friday 10 May 2013

Mission Conference, Sunday School and a pet kangaroo


29th April

This week has been slow but we spent a lot of time out of the area due to transfers and we also had a special mission conference with Elder Dallin H. Oaks, it was awesome, he's such a great guy and it was such a privilege to feel of his spirit he gave some awesome insights on revelation and our "mantle"

We are still looking for people to teach but we will be teaching some investigators in Stanthorpe (near the NSW border) in a couple of weeks.

Things are good I love you all hope you are well. I'll send a letter to the Branch soon (sorry I'm terrible at writing)

6th May

Hello hello,
How is everyone? this last week has been pretty good we did quite a lot of finding and enjoyed trade-offs with our district leader, I stayed in Warwick but probs would have liked to go to Toowoomba for the day, but we found a couple of good potentials (who at first thought we were school kids hahahaha!)  Something else people do in the super markets- come and ask us where stuff is (mistaking us as employees) - none of the employees wear ties (or badges, or white shirts for that matter, not even the managers) but hey it's all good fun, it's something to talk about.

We teach the youth 12 to 14 Sunday school every Sunday but the teacher for the older youth class was away so we had both classes together and man it was crazy cos there are heaps of youth here. They are really good kids though. You won't believe this, a member we had dinner with has a PET KANGAROO!!!! I laughed when they first told me.  I really want to get Warwick going -  things are picking up, the members are preparing people for us to see. I kind of have the suspicion that most of my mission will be planting seeds but that's OK with me. I just need to trust the Lord.

I also have bad news :( I lost my wallet, I honestly don't know how, we looked everywhere and left our number at the police station. Until I get a new church card we're living on my companion's allotment, we shop pretty cheap anyway (he's the man). That's what I like a lot of missionaries in the mission it's share and share alike. 

LDK 

No comments:

Post a Comment