Monday 20 May 2013

Is 19° cold?


20th May

Elder Kay didn't email last week as we spoke to him on Skype Sunday 12th May, which was Mothers' Day in Australia. He now has an Australian accent and uses a lot of words and phrases he didn't know before he went on his mission - some missionary phrases and some Aussie ones. Here's this week's email: - 

How is everyone? I'm doing great, Warwick is cold  and I don't like the cold, but it is very beautiful here in winter. The work is going pretty well too, we are doing a lot of finding. We have found more great potentials (one of them wasn't in when we called for our appointment today, but she got back to us so hopefully we can set up another time). She seems solid as. We also got a new Branch Mission Leader on Sunday who is awesome so I think the Work is going to get better. We're going to start having a little section in the start of Priesthood/Relief Society to teach the members about Preach my Gospel and how to share the Gospel with Friends, we need more member Missionary work. It's weird to think back to my early days when I struggled to talk to people at a door or on the street, there are still apprehensions but it's almost second nature now. I still need to be better though and I could work smarter. You just learn so much. and I love it when the Spirit calms you when people are being rude or abusive to you, it's amazing.
Missionary work really is incredible, there is no work like it and none more important.

Well I love you all, the church is true. 


(Here is the link to the weather forecast there - http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/darling-downs/warwick- it's not as cold as England and it's supposed to be late spring coming into summer here!!! Elder Kay's friend, Elder Jorgensen is serving in Botswana and he was commenting about the "cold" as well - I suppose people acclimatise to where they are)

No comments:

Post a Comment