Monday 3 December 2012


3rd December 2012 Christmas is coming





There is hope for photos yet :-) Here's this week's email






One of the Townsville members bought me a camera,  she'll be blessed and I am grateful.
 
Transfers is in 2 weeks. I really don't reckon President will keep me up here for another transfer. The work is going well but a lot of appointments seem to fall through. We just referred a pretty solid investigator to Cairns after only teaching them for a week. It's the District Young Women's president’s sister (who is less active) and her husband (who is the non member) they are great but were only down here to recover after a car accident (which is what made them decide to look to the Gospel again) so good things are happening. It's hard to tract a lot in this heat but tract we must; our teaching pool is kinda low. We are going to push for referrals as well though as that is the best missionary work, when the members are involved.

I think I want to go to the temple a lot when I go home, a 2 and a half hour drive isn't that bad compared to people in Townsville, some people can only go once a year and then they have to go to Sydney cos the Brisbane temple has no accommodation  It's going to be so bizarre at home after being here, anyway that's a long way off and there is still a lot to be done here.

The Brisbane mission might breach 200 with the big influx of missionaries, its already up to 180 and nearly half the mission is training new missionaries, I'll probs go down south and either train or be in leadership. Anyway I'll love you and leave you thanks for all your support with everything and your prayers.

Heaps of love Elder John Kay xxx

P.S no I didn't see the eclipse, I would have to wake up at 5 am so I was like BEAT IT!! hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment